Friday, September 26, 2008

W4BQF: QRQ or Copying CW over 70 wpm

Don't pass this article up because it talks about super high speed CW. Some of the suggestions apply to all speeds.

Quite often I am asked "How can you copy CW at 70 wpm and higher?" Since it's pretty insulting just to answer by saying "Practice, practice, practice", I normally wind up emailing back a synopsis on how I learned to do it. Others have used different methods of achieving QRQ copy by ear.

What I have to say on this subject is only my own personal opinion, which normally does not agree with everyone else!

I really don't believe in the various methods of learning code. I think learning to copy high speed code is much simpler than following someone else's method of learning to copy QRQ. What I am sharing with you is things that I found to work for me.

More at http://tom.w4bqf.googlepages.com/COPYINGCWOVER70WPM

No comments: